- n. 拖网；排钩
- vi. 用拖网捕鱼
- vt. 用拖网捕鱼
1. trail => trawl.
2. -awl, -rawl 表示那种爬行、拖动、拖行、蔓延、延伸这类含义：crawl, drawl, sprawl, trawl, scrawl.
3. trah- / tract- => trail, trawl.
4. trah- / tract- + crawl => trawl.
5. traw- ＝draw拉，l 看成一根长绳子：用拉网的方法捕鱼。
来自荷兰语 tragelen,拉网，来自拉丁语 tragula,鱼网，词源同 drag.
- trawl:  Trawl was probably borrowed from Middle Dutch traghelen ‘drag’. This was a derivative of traghel ‘net pulled along behind a boat for catching fish’, which in turn came from Latin trāgula, a possible relative of trahere ‘pull’ (source of English tractor, treat, etc). Trāgula probably also lies behind English trail .
- trawl (v.)
- 1560s, from Dutch tragelen, from Middle Dutch traghelen "to drag," from traghel "dragnet," probably from Latin tragula "dragnet." Related: Trawled; trawling.
- 1. Any trawl through the band's interviews will reveal statements that are challenging and incisive.
- 2. We did a wide trawl to find the right person to play the part.
- 3. In trawl fishing, huge nets are slowly pulled below the water to collect fish.
- 拖网捕鱼时, 巨大的网被缓缓地在水下拉过以捕捉鱼群.
- 4. Any trawl net including trawl, pair trawl or shrimp trawl net.
- 任何拖网,包括单拖网 、 双拖网或虾拖网.
- 5. Over 190 premises were visited during a CCTV trawl.