- non-committal (adj.)
- also noncommittal, 1829, "characterized by refusal to commit oneself," from non- + committal (see commit).
- 1. The language of Darwin was intelligible to experts and non-experts alike.
- 2. Non-violence and patience are the central tenets of their faith.
- 3. The Afro-Asian nations had approved the basic general principles of non-alignment.
- 4. His new relationship with Germany is enshrined in a new non-aggression treaty.
- 5. The General does not like non-combatant personnel near a scene of action.